Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Younger Man and The Older Little Girl

The little girl asked the man who was forty-five yet appeared to be near thirty-five years of age, “Sir? Are you married?” “No, and why do you ask young lady?” He replied with a hint of humor in his voice. This young, intuitive lady, age twelve giggled and interjected back, “I never see you with any girls, but you act as though you are married.” The man laughed in response, “That’s an interesting observation Suzy; how does a person act married?” Robbie lives across the street from Suzy. He is a full-time writer and a part-time comedian, and he lives alone. Suzy lives with her mother and her eighteen-year-old sister; her mother has been divorced for five years. She questioned him again quickly, so she did not have to answer his last question. Observing Robbie’s gray hair and glasses her face turned to a serious look. “So how come you are not married by now; you must be at least fifty?” She is intuitive yet not fully understanding of adult chronological processes. “One question at a time officer Suzy; how does a person act married?” Suzy’s intuitively strong powers of observation demonstrated themselves in her response, “Because you never appear to be available to anyone.” Realization and sadness filled Robbie’s mind, and he admitted to Suzy, “You act much older for your age, and your powers of observation reflect themselves in your queries.” A look of confusion came across Suzy’s face, yet she pretended to appear smart and understand Robbie’s statement. Then Robbie explained, “Well older Suzy, I suppose this is my method of procrastination; at first I said I would settle down after college, and then when I buy my home, and after that it was after I become financially independent. Next after that I convinced myself I was waiting to meet the right person; I would be certain of this.” The reality was Robbie was sad-full and afraid of relationships. He did not want to explain to Suzy this; relationships with women made him feel like a hurt little boy in his inside, and he did not know how to overcome this feeling; this inhibited his having positive relationships with women. Then Robbie made a partial admission, “You are correct Suzy; I keep myself unavailable. This protects me from disappointment.” Robbie did not want to enlighten Suzy regarding the complexities of adulthood, so he quickly asked her a question to trick her. “So, Suzy, do you have a boyfriend?” She quickly responded strongly, “No way; I have too much home-work after school, and on the weekends I have music and tennis lessons, and all my chores to do around the house.” Robbie responded sarcastically, “Sooo! You are just too busy? I know that road.” She knew this trick and slammed Robbie with her point to all this. “Do not get philosophical,” she stated firmly, “You are still not married; Right? So will you ask my mom out for a date? She says you’re hot!” Copy Right 2008 Mr.Rocco LeFre

No comments: